Tasty BBQ Corn on the Cob
This is corn on the cob cooked on the grill with spices and butter. It makes for a yummy side dish to any meal! Try it with fresh garlic and onion.
1. One teaspoon chilly powder
2. 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
3. 1 pinch onion powder
4. Cayenne pepper to taste
5. Garlic Powder to taste
6. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, oregano, onion powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend in the softened butter. Apply this mixture to each ear of corn, and place each ear onto a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the corn. Wrap like a burrito, and twist the ends to close.
3. Place wrapped corn on the preheated grill, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork. Turn corn occasionally during cooking.
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
This rosemary ranch chicken recipe is so delicious, tender, and juicy the chicken will melt in your mouth. Even the most picky eater will be begging for the last piece.
1. 120 ml olive oil
2. 120 ml ranch dressing
3. 45 ml Worcestershire sauce
4. 2 g minced fresh rosemary
5. 10 g salt
6. 5 ml lemon juice
7. 5 ml white vinegar
8. 0.5 g ground black pepper, or to taste
9. 10 g white sugar, or to taste (optional)
10. 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.
Strawberry-Melon Summer Salad
This salad is perfect for summer BBQs. The fruit makes it tasty.
1. 245 g lemon yogurt
2. 15 ml honey
3. 5 ml lemon juice
4. 310 g watermelon balls
5. 355 g cantaloupe balls
6. 305 g halved fresh strawberries
In a salad bowl, whisk together the lemon yogurt, honey, and lemon juice until smooth, and gently fold in the watermelon balls, cantaloupe balls, and strawberries. Toss to coat, and serve.