To our IPDO friends and families,
In these ever-changing times, we wanted to let you know that we are here for you and your smiles have been on our minds over the last few weeks. While many things around us have changed, what will always remain is our dedication to providing the best possible dental care and our commitment to your family’s health and safety.
Infection control has always been important to us. We have been diligently working to secure additional measures so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that are being issued.
With that being said, we wanted to share some of the exciting new changes we’ve made to ensure the safety of our patients and staff for as we re-open on May 18th.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand by emailing a COVID-19 screening questionnaire to be filled out and we will confirm your responses when you arrive.
• Any additional forms needed for your appointment will be emailed ahead of time for your convenience and are aimed to reduce your wait time at our office.
• In order to avoid large gatherings in our waiting room, we will ask our patients and families to wait in their vehicles. Please text us when you arrive in the parking lot and we will communicate with you when we are ready for your appointment.
• We will be practicing social distancing throughout the office.
o We kindly ask to limit only 1 parent or guardian to accompany your child.
o Please avoid bringing siblings who do not have an appointment.
o Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
• Upon arrival, all patients (and any accompanying adult) entering the office will have his or her temperature read with a non-contact forehead thermometer. We will be doing this daily with our staff as well.
• We ask that each person entering the office use hand sanitizer. Our staff will also be maintaining proper hand hygiene throughout the day.
• In compliance with Orange County health officials, we please ask that individuals who are of an appropriate age and are able to, wear a face-covering/mask.
• We have added plexiglass barriers to our reception counters, but don’t be shy to wave hello.
• You know we love technology!
o PECO air purifiers have been added to the waiting room and clinic areas – this innovative technology can destroy viruses, bacteria, mold, and allergens up to 1000x smaller than HEPA filters.
o UVC light sterilization will be used intermittently throughout the day.
Additional UVC sterilization will be used for our dental instruments.
o Our central air has always been purified with an ozone filtration system and our water is treated by reverse osmosis, which has both shown to be effective against bacteria and viruses.
• To avoid cross-contamination, you will see that computers, magazines, books, and toys will not be available at this time.
• Common surfaces/areas, such as door handles, counters, pens, restrooms, etc, will be sterilized multiple times per day.
• Our clinical staff and doctors will be wearing proper PPE. (Face shield or goggles, N95/KN95 masks, gloves, and gowns)
• Although we may not be able to give high fives, hugs, or handshakes, know that you will be warmly welcomed by our team!
We will continue to work hard to provide you and your family with the highest quality of care. As soon as the risk passes, we look forward to returning to a more normal protocol, removing some of the temporary programs we have implemented. Please don’t hesitate to call our office if you have any questions. We look forward to welcoming you back to our office and are grateful for your support. Stay healthy and keep smiling.
Dr. Y, Dr. T, and the whole IPDO Team
“Not all classrooms have four walls.”
One of our favorite quotes is “Not all classrooms have four walls.” Traveling with children may pose various challenges, but undoubtedly provides many valuable experiences. Traveling can also afford families quality time spent together and everyone can increase their knowledge base. Trips can teach children about different cultures, languages, history, and can challenge them to try new things. It may ignite your child’s sense of adventure and creativity. It is important to remember that not all travel destinations have to be far. Visiting a local museum, science center, or going on a hike to learn about nature can be just as fun and rewarding!
Dear Friends and Families,
In light of the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and strong suggestions by public health officials, we have made the difficult decision to continue with the temporary closure of our office until further notice. We did not make this decision lightly, however, our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and community.
If you have an appointment scheduled with us during this closure, our office will be in touch to help reschedule your appointment(s) when we know we can return to our normal business hours.
In the case of emergency situations, we WILL have a dentist on call. If you need emergency dental care, please call our office (949)559-0674 as you normally would and our on call dentist will contact you. Please feel free to contact our office with any other questions or concerns. Our office email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and the guidance from the county, state, CDA and the CDC. For now, we will determine on a weekly basis when it is appropriate for us to return to our normal business hours.
Again, please understand that we are making this decision with the health and well-being of our patients, our families, our team, and our community in mind.
We thank you for your patience during this challenging time and wish all of you continued health. We can’t wait to see all of your smiles again!
Dr. Y, Dr. Trishia, and Staff
We encourage our patient’s to test their knowledge and participate in our weekly trivia contests. Answers will be entered into a raffle for special prizes! Q: What is the longest river in the world?
The Niver River is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles or 6,650 kilometers! It flows through eleven countries Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Rwanda, Tanzania, and South Sudan.